Why Is My Car Overheating?
Your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram vehicle should maintain a regular operating temperature of around 195-200 degrees Fahrenheit, so if you notice a higher than usual temperature gauge reading, it’s very important to not drive your car. Learn more about what causes a car to overheat and what to do if your car is overheating with these service tips from the experts at Manitou Mainline Chrysler.
What Does it Mean When Your Car Overheats?
Driving through Regina if your car is overheated is very dangerous, as your vehicle is signaling that there’s a bigger problem internally. There are several reasons why your car may be overheating:
- There’s a leak in the cooling system – The most common reason why your car is overheating is due to a leak in the cooling system. Several parts of your cooling system are susceptible to leaks, including the water pump, radiator, hoses, and more.
- There’s a problem with your coolant – We tend to think about our car’s oil levels more often than coolant, but coolant plays a crucial role in performance. Without the proper 50/50 coolant-to-water ratio, you could experience issues.
- There’s a blockage in the coolant hose – Blockages in the coolant hose are very common, caused by kicked up dirt and debris when driving over rougher roads in Moose Jaw.
- There’s an issue with the radiator – If your radiator experiences a leak or blockage, this could lead to overheating.
- Your car’s water pump is broken – A shifted pump shaft or leaky water pump can affect the flow of coolant, leading to overheating problems.
What to Do When a Car Overheats
Staying on top of regular maintenance should help you avoid overheating issues, but if you do find yourself dealing with an overheated car, here is what you should do:
- Turn off any running air conditioning and switch on the heat instead. This will help pull heat off your engine.
- If you’re driving, pull off the road when you find a safe spot to stop.
- When stopped, do not attempt to pop the hood by hand for least a half hour.
- Call a towing service and have them bring your vehicle to your local Saskatoon service centre.
You Can Count on the Manitou Mainline Chrysler Service Department!
If you find yourself in a rough spot, the service pros at Manitou Mainline Chrysler are here to help. We run a regular variety of service specials to make your next visit quick and affordable, and we can advise you on important maintenance such as how often to change your oil or rotate your tires and how long tires should last or why your steering wheel is shaking. Schedule an appointment today!
More From Manitou Mainline Chrysler
Gladiator Inventory Contact Us As the new Jeep Wrangler continues to make waves on Regina job sites and Moose Jaw off-road trails, it leads many to wonder about the Jeep Gladiator engine capacity. The Jeep Gladiator specs are well-rounded to offer durable performance, efficiency, and longevity. With strong Jeep Gladiator L/100km ratings, this truck is truly…
Contact UsNew Charger for Sale If the idea of adding thrilling performance to your Regina commute appeals to your sensibilities, the Dodge Charger trims can provide you with the options you need. The new Dodge Charger offers five total trim levels with six configurations to explore. No matter which Dodge Charger trim catches your eye,…
New Jeep WranglerContact Us If you are searching for a new Jeep Wrangler in Regina, chances are you aren’t afraid of taking on an adventure. With legendary handling and rugged specs, this beast of an SUV can certainly handle the off-road trails near Moose Jaw. While the performance of the Wrangler is unmatched, the style is…